Video 10th October 2022
Understand your Goals: Developing a Digital Twin Information Strategy for your Building
Insights 18th September 2019
Understand your Goals: Developing a Digital Twin Information Strategy for your Building Part 1 of the series Achieving Digital Transformation: Digital Twin Maturity Levels. At Invicara, we define a Digital Twin as a rich information model about a building, or a virtual building. A Digital Twin aggregates building models and plans, data, and documents from multiple sources and, in turn, can be integrated with multiple systems. The flexibility of the Invicara platform lets us use the Digital Twin to create custom solutions for your business. In this blog series, I cover the five different maturity levels for Digital Twins, detailing how each level brings a new layer of insights into your building’s operational and financial performance. Each post in the series will discuss each maturity level in detail. https://invicara.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/DTM-List-v2.svghttps://invicara.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/DTM-01.png Recently, I had the opportunity to attend RealComm 2019 where my own running joke was, if you ask five different people what a digital twin is, you get at least 10 different answers! Understandably, there is a bit confusion out there and definitely a wide range of different perspectives! At Invicara, we don’t see a Digital Twin as a single product, but instead, an ecosystem of integrated solutions. Our approach is unique: we don’t provide try to “out of the box” products with a one size fits all approach, but a flexible platform that allows us to build solutions that you need to transform the way you do business. The Digital Twin of your building:
- Brings together all of the information you need – a single source of truth for your building
- Integrates data from multiple systems – giving you a “single pane of glass” for building information
- Supports the development of lightweight apps and custom solutions – helping you achieve your goals at a fraction of the cost of “ground up” software development or complex enterprise systems.
Setting up for SuccessDeveloping an information strategy is the first step Invicara takes towards identifying the outcomes our clients require. We begin by asking and answering several questions during the beginning stages of engaging with a client, designed to help us understand the long-term goals for their building project. We work together as a team to answer questions like:
- What business outcomes or results is the client looking for?
- What building assets does the client care about and what information do they need for those assets?
- What workflows should be developed to collect that information and how will it be used down the road?
- What are the different roles and responsibilities of the project team and internal stakeholders?
Ready to Get Started? Contact Invicara today!Whatever your BIM data needs, Invicara can customize a plan to capture and maintain your building data. Contact us
Blog 29th September 2022
Video 13th September 2022
Blog 19th August 2022
Blog 13th June 2022
Blog 11th February 2022